The E-WASTE or Electronic Waste is a Scheduled Wastes.It must be dispose with specific method or recycle it back.If not the e-waste can polluted our environment.The simple definition for E-WASTE or Electronic waste is the unused,broken or obsolete of electrical or electronic device likes television,radio,refrigerant,light bulb,computer,mobile phone,battery and etc.
Some electronic or electric component have a hazardous of heavy metal and toxic likes Arsenic,Antimony,Selenium,Furan,Dioxin,Sulfur,PCB,Cadmium,Mercury,Lead,Brominated Flame Retardants and Beryllium.It can cause the serious health problem if its expose to human or animals.
What is E-WASTE?
But the E-waste is a like gold mining because if we do the recycling process,we can get the valuable material likes Gold,Iron,Tin,Silver,Platinum,Copper,Aluminum,Nickel and others.
That why some developing country import the E-waste to do the recycling process to get this all valuable material.But they do not have a proper method and technology for recycling process.They done with traditional method and not follow safety standard regulation.
It very dangerous to the workers or nearest people who lives at that area because the exposed directly to the toxic and heavy metal.It can cause the serious health problem likes cancer,genetic mutation,poisoning or more serious can cause the death.
POLICIES ON SCHEDULED WASTES
Export / Import of scheduled wastes shall comply with BASEL CONVENTION Requirement :
1) Export of schedule waste is not allowed if local facilities have the capacity and capability to carry out recycling or recovery or re-use the waste.
2) Importation of used computers and other related equipment for the purpose of minor repair or refurbishment are not controlled as scheduled wastes;
3) Importation of scheduled wastes is only allowed for recycling,recovering and re-use purpose.
4) transportation license(s) only given to those who own recycling or recovery or disposal facility.
*For more detail,Please refer to the BASEL CONVENTION GUIDELINE AND REQUIREMENT
How we can manage the E-WASTE?
To ensure the world still green and safe to human living,we must take the responsibility to manage the E-waste.First we must understand what is the E-WASTE.After that we need prepared the container or box completed with label E-waste.Why we need this container?
Ok..with this container or box we can put all kind of the E-waste.It will be the collector of the E-waste.After this container is full,we can send it to the schedule waste facilities for disposal or recycling purpose.
Disposal or Recovery of E-WASTE
In general,we have two (2) type of recovery for E-WASTE :
– This is the popular process in the world for E-waste.With this process,we can get back the valuable material from the E-waste and we can save our natural sources and can generate the income.
– This is the last resort for the E-waste recovery.If we cannot recycle the material,we must burn in the incineration to change it to the safe condition.We can dump in the incinerator waste at secure landfill.
Awareness of E-waste
If every one in the world have a awareness about E-waste,we can reduce the pollution and can save the earth.We can living in the greenest world with fresh air,fertile soil and beautiful landscape .
We also can save our natural resources from out of source with do the recycle process.It very important and can generate the income and all people can get the benefit.
I suggest we can practice the three (3 R ) concept for our safe environment.If we consider this 3 R in all activity in our life,it can help to reduce the pollution and keep the green world.The 3R concept are :
1R = REUSE
2R = RECYCLE
3R = REDUCE