What is a multimeter?
Before we know how to use a multimeter,we must understand a safety information about multimeter.
To avoid possible electric shock or personal injury,PLEASE follow these guideline
- Do not use the meter or test lead if they appear damage or not operating properly.
- Always use proper terminal,switch position and range for measurements.
- Verify the meter`s operation by measuring a known voltage.
- Do not apply more than the rated voltage,between terminals or any terminal and earth ground.
- Use caution with voltage above 30 VAC rms,42 VAC peak or 60 VDC.It pose a shock hazard.
- Disconnect circuit power supply and discharge all high-voltage capacitor before testing RESISTANCE,CONTINUITY,DIODE OR CAPACITANCE.
- Do not use the meter around explosive gas and vapor
- When using test lead,keep your finger behind the finger guard.
- Avoid working alone
- Use only the replacement fuse specified.
- Check the test lead for continuity before use.Do not use if the reading are high or noisy. read more