What is Digital AC Clamp Meter / Clamp on meter ?
This instrument has been design for the main purpose is measuring the AC AMPERE .
I have one Digital AC Clamp Meter brand KYORITSU model KEW SNAP 2017.
The features :-
- Design to CAT.III 600 VAC and pollution degree 2 specified by the international safety standard IEC 61010-1
- Tear-drop-shaped jaw for ease of use in crowded cable area and others tight places.
- Data hold function
- Wide frequency range from 40 Hz to 1 kHz
- Effect of conductor position :
- 2017 Within 2% of indicated value at the center to a 10mm‐dia conductor carrying 100A, at every part inside the jaws.
- 2027 Within 3% of indicated value at the center to a 10mm‐dia conductor carrying 100A, at every part inside the jaws.
- Effect of external : 2 A or less in AC magnetic field of magnetic field 400A/m
- Power Source : 6F22(9V DC) or equivalent battery
- Battery Life : Approx. 200 hours (continuous)
- Current consumption : Approx. 2mA
- Withstanding Voltage : 5550V AC for 1 minute between housing case and metal part of jaws
- Insulation Resistance : 50MΩ or greater at 1000V between housing case and metal part of jaws
- Conductor Size : Approx. 30mm diameter max.
- Dimensions : Approx. 91(W)×208(H)×40(D)mm
- Weight : Approx. 400g(batteries included)
- Safety Standard : EN61010-1 , EN61010-031 ,EN61010-2-032 (600V AC CAT. III Pollution degree2, indoor use) , EMC Standard : EN 55022
How to perform AC CURRENT MEASUREMENT?
- Set the range switch to 200A or 600 A
- Press the trigger to open transformer jaws and clamp onto the conductor.The mos accurate reading will be obtained by keeping the conductor at the center of the transformer jaws
- Read the value of AMPERE at display
- Keep your finger and hand behind the barrier during measurement.
- Do not make measurement with the battery cover removed from the instrument.
- Please be sure to remove a measurement code before measurement.
- Do not operate the switch range during a measurement
- Never use this instrument on a circuit above 600 VAC RMS
Digital clamp on meter is very useful measuring instrument when we perform electrical job or troubleshooting task.For detail how to use a clamp on meter,Please watch my technical VIDEO at my post : HOW TO USE A CLAMP ON METER