Electrical motor is a common used in industrial for many application.This time i want share the basic knowledge for electric motor.Before we go further about how to troubleshooting,repairing or installing,firstly we must know roughly about the electrical motor component.
For electrical person,electric motor components basic knowledge should familiar because we can easily understand operation and troubleshooting for electric motor.
We must know all electrical motor components function before we perform any task for electrical motor.This is very important information to make our jobs more easy and smooth.Below are several important for electrical motor components.
Electrical Motor components
- Holds parts together
- Helps with heat dissipation
- protects internal components from the environment hazard.
2) Stator or winding
- “Stationary” part of the motor sometimes referred to as “the windings”.
- Slotted cores made of thin sections of soft iron are wound with insulated copper wire to form one or more pairs of magnetic poles
- “Rotating” part of the motor.
- Magnetic field from the stator induces an opposing magnetic field onto the rotor causing the rotor to“push” away from the stator field.
- Sleeve Bearings
– Standard on most motors
– Horizontal shafts only
– Oil lubricated
- Ball (Roller) Bearings
– Support shaft in any position
– Grease lubricated
– Many come sealed requiring no maintenance
5) Wound rotor motor
- Older motor designed to operate at “variable speed”
– Speed Control, High Starting Torque, Low Starting Current
– Expensive, High Maintenance, Low Efficiency
6) Terminal box
- Point of connection of electrical power to the motor’s stator windings.
7) Eye bolt
- Used to lift heavy motors with a hoist or crane to prevent motor damage.