When motor or machine / equipment not function properly,we must perform troubleshooting task to rectify the problem.It easy if we have a lot experience.
But…Dont worry,I will explain detail step by step how to troubleshooting when it not in good condition.
Firstly,before we start the troubleshooting task…the important thing is we must calm down and relax.Dont panic.We must calm to ensure we can thinks normal and can get the better idea for rectify the problem.Below is my step when perform troubleshooting task :
How to troubleshooting?
- If we not familiar with equipment or machine,ask the operator about the symptom before it breakdown,what they doing before it down.This data can help us to make a next action.
- Ask operator if they faced this problem before this and their opinion for this problem.
- First…read the MACHINE MANUAL for troubleshooting or know the system of machine.After we know the system,it easy to us to troubleshooting.
- Check the main supply for the system.Use multimeter to check the incoming and load side of circuit breaker or fuses, ensure that voltages are normal and read voltage to ground from each connection.
- Check the controlling system like PLC,DCS or Control panel.Make sure it have a power supply to operated.Check also any defected or burns sign.
- Check the sensor controlling the system in area of problem.sometime it defected and make no detection on controller.
- When there is more than one defect, the troubleshooting is more difficult, do not assume that all problems are solved after completing one, always test the circuit and operation prior to returning the equipment to service.
- Check the control panel wiring or connection using multimeter.
Troubleshooting skills will improve when we always found the problem and try harder to solve it.In another word ” Troubleshooting is ART” we must passion to found the root cause of the problem.
Always read the MACHINE MANUAL before start the trobleshooting.We must know all about our patient before we can cure their illness.They Key is : Know your machine operation and system.