When we laying the cooper tubing for air-condition piping and facing the cooper length is not enough to completed the work.So we need to splice another cooper tubing.To splice the cooper tubing,we must use the swaging process.
This process make the cooper tubing diameter more bigger than original size.The reason is for splicing purpose.To join a cooper tubing together,we using the welding gases torch and cooper-nickel rod filler.This welding process we call it ” BRAZING “.
What is swaging process?
I showed the process how to swaging the cooper tubing in my video,feel free to watching it :D
The tips how to create the perfect swaging shape
1) Use the good tubing cutter to get the clean cut.
2) Use the reamer to deburr inner and outer of tubing.
3) Use a files to clean up a tubing from a burr and sharp edge.
4) Spent your time to the good preparation for the best result :D
5) Clean up the cooper tubing from oil,grease and others stain to ensure a brazing process smooth and get a good result.